IF YOU FEEL ANY FLU LIKE SYMPTONS OR HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A PERSON SUSPECTED OF HAVING THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), PLEASE DO NOT ENTER OUR FACILITIES.
IF YOU REQUIRE OUR SERVICES OR ANY ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CALL 54828400.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
GYMPIE FUNERALS POLICY WITH REGARDS TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
We understand that this is a difficult time for everybody, especially those having to deal with the loss of a loved one, family member or close friend.
Due to COVID-19 health concerns and current restrictions we wish to advise the community of our current approach to funeral arrangements.
Gympie Funerals will continue to operate, as we provide an essential service to our community. However, we will be adhering to social distancing rules set by the State and Federal Governments and in accordance with recommendations from the Australian Funeral Directors Association. This will, for the time being, mean that:
- Funeral services at our chapel will be limited to a maximum of 50 people inside and 50 outside under cover(total of 100). The social distancing requirement of 1 person per 4 square metre rule will apply
- Outdoor funerals, such as cemetery graveside services, will also be limited to a maximum of 100 people, with mourners to be aware of the social distancing requirements.
- We can provide live streaming and recordings of Funeral Services at our Chapel for family and friends to access online, if they are unable to attend. The option of live streaming will be at the discretion of each family.
- We will continue to provide refreshments in our outdoor lawn area upon request, for no more than 20 people, and mourners should adhere to the social distancing requirement of 1.5 metres between people.
- Under current health guidelines, we will encourage people attending services to avoid handshakes, hugging and kissing.
- Church Services will be arranged in accordance to current provisions for each Church, and in compliance with the indoor gathering restrictions (as above).
- All other considerations with regards to Funeral Services will be discussed during each family arrangement in line with any required changes.
- In line with current government regulations, only one person will be able to attend Gympie Funerals to make funeral arrangements. We will be directing families to our online Arrangement Form to assist in these difficult times.
Please understand that these rules are evolving and changing and we will do our best to keep you, our community, informed.
Please be aware that the health and wellbeing of our staff and clients is of the highest importance to those of us here at Gympie Funerals.
Practising good hand and respiratory hygiene is the best defence against most viruses, including the virus that causes COVID-19. Gympie Funerals encourage and facilitate all attendees at a service to:
- wash hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub before and after eating, and after going to the toilet
- practise good respiratory hygiene and cover coughs and sneezes with their elbow or a disposable tissue, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand rub immediately
- avoid physical contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people, avoid hugging and kissing)
- if unwell*, stay at home or, if attending the service is essential, do so for as short a time as possible and stay more than 1.5 metres from others
*Note: this advice applies to people generally. Anyone who has had close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19, or who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, should follow public health advice about testing and self-quarantine or isolation.
If you have any questions, or would like to know how measures will effect each Funeral Service, please do not hesitate to contact us on (07) 5482 8400 or e-mail us at email@example.com